Monday, 23 September 2013

34 - The Seasons of Our Life


Once again,
the wheels of time have changed
and nature starts the autumn preparations
for the long sleep of winter.

A sleep nobody is sure to survive.

Time again to take stock,
evaluate the path covered
and accept the unknown
with the possible peace of mind.

A Spring of Unrest

Long ago, youth felt like a bird
locked inside a closed window.
Slashing claws, piercing beak, striking wings,
charging again and again.

On the other side of the slippery glass,
freedom denied.

That way I was, that way we were
and then the world has turned
around our listless souls,
around our hopes and desires.

With laughter and pain
with love and sorrow
with success and failure
with purpose and spin.

In the end, it all faded away
although not all was in vain.

A Summer of Hope

So much time has passed
so many dawns and sunsets
so many seasons spent turning
and returning
around the stone wheels of the stars.

Then, it all congregated into a maze
where we felt trapped within.
Cannot do this because of that,
have to do this in spite of what.

So many links and connections
so many dependencies and limitations
and the whole world was ours to own...

A Fall of Discontent

My hands no longer reach far enough to touch you.
Your kindness, your suspicions, your disappointments,
is that still love or just exasperation?

My eyes no longer see the other side
of our river of fire,
a river that burns my mind and ensnares my will.

Where did it go, my former self?
Where have they gone, the powers of my mind
that could overcome any curses  
the gods would throw my way?

Where are the wings
that carried me everywhere?
Where are the legs that could take me away
from the bars built by time and age
around my exploding sanity.

Here goes an enraged warrior
despising the reason he is enraged for...

A Winter of Wrath

The gods of time
always came too fast.
They spin the wheels
they cast the equinox spells
that bring these days of hell.

They come to extract
the price of the pact,
the price to pay
for the sins known
and the errors unknown.

Now, what is left to say?
Who is there to tell?

They may have come too fast
but they have come at last
and here are the days of hell...

I think, I feel, I speak, I write, I act,
I am the places where my feet stand,
places with no memory of me.

In this last place where I now belong,
my being is no more than the dustbin of stars.

JSR

No comments:

Post a Comment